There is something so beautiful and yet so bleak about a runway.
If you just look at it, it appears to go nowhere.
It looks like it just dead ends in nothingness.
It doesn’t look like it has a great destination just an abrupt end.
And yet at the end of that dead end runway
Some situations in our lives that look like dead ends…
…are really just runways where flight begins.
2016 IS A RUNWAY FOR YOUR LAUNCH
But YOU who wait on the Lord shall renew YOUR strength; YOU WILL mount up with wings like eagles, YOU WILL run and not be weary, YOU WILL walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
And I also want to repeat these words…
THE DEADLINE IS A LIE
The dead end runway is just an opportunity to fly
How many false deadlines destroy hope?
If it doesn’t happen this year…
If it hasn’t happened by now…
- When will I ever have a child?
- When will I ever get married?
- When will I ever fall in love?
- When will I ever get that job?
- When will I ever write that book?
- When will I ever find out what I’m called to do?
- When will I ever lose that weight?
- When will I ever get rid of that habit?
- When will I ever manifest that healing?
- When will I ever see my spouse serve God?
- When will I ever write that song?
- When will I ever pay off the debts?
- When will I ever get that promotion?
- When will I ever see my child return to Jesus?
Don’t allow the passage of time to destroy the hope of the promise
You have a God that CANNOT LIE
His promise to you WILL NOT FAIL
Maybe you have some things in your life that you thought should have already happened by now
But don’t lose hope
Don’t stop believing
It doesn’t end like this
And don’t let false deadlines that don’t exist destroy hope
Don’t let the enemy mock you with the passage of time
He’s been lying to people for a long time
- To David he said “you will never be king”
- To Abraham and Sarah he said “you will never have a child”
- To Gideon he said “you will never be strong enough”
- To Moses he said “you will never deliver your people from slavery”
- To Ruth he said “you will never find a husband”
- To Peter he said “you will never be a leader you denied Jesus three time”
You are right on time
And your season of promise is coming
- David became a king
- Abraham and Sarah had a son
- Gideon became strong
- Ruth fell in love
- Peter became the leader of the early church
Whatever the enemy is saying to you
I promise you
It’s a lie
Jesus has already prepared everything for you
And he is standing in your future with a big bright smile, so excited for you to finally see what he has been keeping just for you
Just like Christmas morning
Everything is ready to surprise and delight you
But disregard the false deadlines
They are lies
You are right on time and your future is bright
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)